SCBWI Europolitan Conference in Paris
Posted on January 31, 2013
Some say it’s worth the detour, I’d say it’s worth the trip: the first SCBWI Europolitan Conference in Paris.
I know it’s worth the trip, because as the Regional Advisor of SCBWI The Netherlands I am one of the organizers of this amazing and inspiring conference for children’s book writers and illustrators. We bring you a conference packed with workshops, presentations and opportunities to share your work. Attend sessions that meet your interests, whether you’re published or unpublished, an illustrator and/or a writer.
• Work with our faculty in small groups to develop your craft
• Register for a professional critique to get individual advice on your projects
• Meet fellow members and potential critique partners
• Enter some friendly contests and get your work noticed
• Join us for our Children’s Literature Cocktail Party and Illustrators’ Gallery
Optional activities include a Thursday afternoon Scrawl-Crawl through Paris where we will visit historical places that feature in the interactive storytelling app Beware Madame La Guillotine!, and a peer-critique brunch on Sunday. Both are for writers and illustrators!
Friday, March 29th & Saturday, March 30th, 2013
Pre-conference | Thursday, March 28th
Post-conference | Sunday, March 31st
Paris College of Art
14 Rue Letellier
75015 Paris, France
SCBWI Members | € 230 [earlybird € 200]
Non-members | € 280 [earlybird € 250]
Registration begins January 24th [earlybird registration ends February 24th]